By Aurora Anderson, July 4 2018 —
Looking for a quick, easy and tasty summer snack that packs a whole lot of energy? Look no further. All you’ll need for this killer summer snack is 15 minutes and the willpower to resist eating the ingredients before they’re put together.
- Stovetop pot
- Cutting board
- Knife suitable for chopping nuts
- Mixing spoon
- Cookie sheet
- Wax paper
- Ziploc bags
- 2 cups chopped dark chocolate
- 4 tbsp pistachios (or any nut of choice) — set aside 1 tbsp roughly chopped for topping
- 2 tbsp dried goji berries — or any dried berry of choice
- 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes or chips
- ½ tsp matcha — add more to taste. You can also use vanilla matcha for added flavour.
- Melt chocolate on stovetop over medium heat.
- Add pistachios or other nuts and stir to coat. Turn heat off.
- Add matcha and stir.
- Carefully remove from stove top — use caution as it will be hot. Pour chocolate mix over cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with set aside nuts, berries and top with coconut.
- Place in freezer overnight.
- When ready, roughly chop or break chocolate into desired sizes.
- Store leftovers — if you have any — in the freezer.
This delicious recipe can be tweaked to taste and is dairy-free, making it great to bring into work, on an outdoors summer adventure or for a backyard barbecue!