Get crafty with your date this week

By Nikayla Goddard, April 04, 2017 —

Show your creative side and  have a crafty date at Stampede Park. ‘Make It!’ Calgary’s Handmade Market will showcase various artists and crafters from across Canada from April 7–12. For $5  — or $3 if you’re an early bird — you can explore over 175 exhibitions of art, baking, home decor, clothing, jewelry and much more.

Also at the Stampede Park, the BMO Centre will host the Calgary Women’s Show from April 8–9. You can’t go wrong with taking your partner to two days filled with samples, tastings, free swag, fashion shows, entertainment and tons of boutique shopping in over 300 exhibits. A two-day pass is $20 and a single day pass is $14.

Think you know all that there is to know about Grey’s Anatomy? There’s a Trivia Night for that! On Tuesday, April 11, sit down with your date and other doctors-in-the-making to test your Grey’s knowledge at Wurst. The $20 ticket — available online — includes one drink and there are awesome prizes up for grabs.

If you’re in the mood to show off your Calgarian pride, the “This is My City” festival kicked off on April 3 and will continue at various locations across the city until April 27. Over the course of the next three weeks there will be film screenings, art exhibits, music performances and workshops across the city. The artists involved are all on the edge of financial and social issues — homeless, marginalized and at-risk Calgarians. For a schedule of events, check out This is My City’s website.