Entertainment
Jason Lowenstein, At sixes and sevens
(Sub Pop)

Jason Lowenstein, At sixes and sevens

(Sub Pop)

On his solo effort At Sixes and Sevens, Jason Lowenstein ventures where many have gone before. Possibly a hollow attempt to follow in the steps of Pavement (who were following in the footsteps of the Dinosaur Jr.), the end result is like any photocopy of a photocopy. The original quality is completely lost. One would hope that Loewenstein would have evolved as a songwriter by now, but this album only reveals his weakness as one. He seems to have given up a lot of the darkness and experimentalism that was Sebadoh, but what he gave it up for remains to be seen.

?>

I totally disagree with Alyssa Morrell's review of this album. If you like Sebadoh.........(but not Sentridoh), then I think you will probably enjoy this solo effort by Jason Lowenstein. I think that "the darkness and experimentalism that was Sebadoh" was created primarily by Lou Barlow. At Sixes and Sevens is an excellent album. The first time I gave it a listen I was may have been a little bit disappointed, but only because I have been waiting for a new seBADoh cd for years. I told my girlfriend I thought it was O.K. and put it away for almost a month...then I took a second listen...and a third, a forth.....!!! Jason Lowenstein takes his song writing, guitar playing, bass thumping and drumming abilities all to new heights on At Sixes and Sevens!! Check it out, I don't think you will be disappointed.