Entertainment

Joshua's Habit, Images of Energy

(Indie)

With the release of Joshua's Habit's first CD, Images of Energy, Calgary can be proud of a hometown band with real talent. Joshua's Habit is a cold rock band that has it all: good chords, solid riffs, strong lyrics and a singer with a voice.

Although the band is less than a year old, it has a polished, smooth sound that's rare to find. This sound brings to mind the oxymoron of "cold fire"--the pace of the songs are a bit slow for rock, yet they have an essence of electricity that crackles beneath them. It's the kind of music that fits whatever mood the listener's in.

With lyrics like "keep on playing for the love of playing, maybe someday it won't be overrated," in their track "Cobain and Fame," Joshua's Habit exhibit exceptional maturity about the business. Their lyrics show that they have grown up watching the rock culture and understand exactly how exploitive the industry can be.

Yet perhaps the best thing about this band is that while their songs are easy on the ears, they are not repetitive. They avoid the all-too-common style of having choruses dominate numbers and destroy any meaning a song may have.

A new band that has already played such venues as our own Den, Joshua's Habit is a group on the way up-----a group that has the talent and the promotion skills to take themselves to the top and the depth and understanding to never sell out.

I totally agree. What a band to see live I invision these guys going pretty far. There energy on stage is seond to none the best thing is that there tunes are original for one, you don't see that to often anymore. I don't know why these guys aren't getting radio play yet in town here. There definantly a worthwhile band to support.

Habit Rules!!!!!!!!!!

Having seen Joshua's Habit performing at several location over the past 12 months has left me with the impression that they keep getting better and better. Their timing, lyrics and on-stage energy is exceptional and they're good guys to boot; this is a rare combination and one that keeps improving. Way to go!!!

Simply put THEY ROCK, any band that can do what Joshua's Habit has in the short time they have can only be going in one direction and that is UP!! If you like playing their cd over and over again check them out live and the experience will be played over and over again in your mind! A band to watch and a band to follow as they journey to the TOP!

One word describes this band - Addicting - Once you have seen them live you will not be able to get them out of your head. The "Habit" is hard to kick!

These boys kick butt. They know how to play and they know how to rock.

I think these guys are overrated. They haven't really done anything lately. I went to one of their shows and abotu 20 people showed up. It must be tough to live on peanuts just like every other random band in western canada.

Hey GUys.. good artical.. one thing i need to mntion is that you guys say that they are a home town band.. they are not from calgary actually... they are from Nanton and Claresholm towns about 35 and 55 minuits south of calgary .. but other than that great artical